Hey friends, learn how to make this simple cheesecake with this melt in your mouth recipe! Follow these simple tips to ensure your cheesecake turns out light, creamy, and free of cracks every single time.
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups (198 g) Digestive Biscuits, about ¾ of a packet
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 32 ounces (908 g) cream cheese, softened – I use Philadelphia Spread (full fat)
- 1 1/3 cups (267 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (227 g) Greek Yoghurt, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
MAKE THE CRUST
- Combine the biscuit crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and about 2-inches up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the filling. Pre Heat your oven to 180C.
MAKE THE CHEESECAKE
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150C.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and sour cream, beat until well combined. Add the vanilla, beat on low speed until smooth. Using a silicone spatula, gently stir in the eggs just until combined. Pour the batter over the prepared crust.
- Fill a roasting pan with a few inches of boiling water and place the cheesecake in the centre. Bake for 1 hour, OR until the edges are set, and the centre is slightly jiggly. Turn the oven off, leave the cheesecake in the water bath in the oven for another hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and place it on a wire rack. Run a small knife around the outer edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan and leave it to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove the sides of the pan just before serving. Garnish with berries and/or whipped cream. The cheesecake will keep for up to 4 days covered and stored in the refrigerator.
Congratulations you have made your very own yummy simple cheesecake, all that’s left to do is make a drink and enjoy…. The dishes can wait ..
Can’t Make this right now? Pin for Later!!
If you enjoyed this recipe you might like my yummy Lemon Drizzle Cake ..