This simple Chocolate Cupcake recipe is perfect for those sweet cravings! They make the perfect summer treats to enjoy together. Perfect chocolate fix!
This simple recipe is perfect for beginners or those busy moms who only have a short amount of time to whip something up. The cupcake is light and moist whilst the frosting just adds that right amount of sweetness. you can then make them your own by adding sprinkles, chocolate confectionary, fruit … the options are endless.
For the Cupcakes
- 3 Eggs
- 4tsp of boiling water
- 175g Unsalted butter (softened)
- 40g Coco powder
- 165g Golden Caster Sugar
- 115g Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
For the Frosting
- 60g Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 30g Coco powder
- 250g icing sugar
- 3tbsp milk
- Handful of decorations of your choice
1. Line a muffin tin with paper cases. Sift the cocoa powder into a bowl, pour in the boiling water and mix into a thick paste. Add the remaining cake ingredients and mix with an electric hand whisk or use a spoon.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 paper cases. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (400°F, Gas mark 6) for about 12-15 minutes until well risen and springy to the touch. Leave to cool.
- To make the chocolate icing melt the butter and pour it into a bowl. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir in the icing sugar a little at a time to make a glossy and spreadable. If the icing is too thick, gradually add the milk until it reaches the desired consistency. Pipe over the cupcakes or use a spoon to spread like it did and add sprinkles or decoration of your choice.
If you enjoyed this simple recipe you may also enjoy my simple lemon cake recipe 🙂